Our Community Gardens Program connects individuals and families to the land and to each other while providing affordable, chemical-free food access. In our gardens we practice sustainable growing methods, so we can continue to have nourished soil year after year. Individuals and families that garden with us are offered scholarships for the season that include reduced plot cost, a variety of seeds, starter plants, and CMSP provides the tools and water access for flourishing gardens.
We have two community gardens:
- Maine Prairie Community Garden located in South Central St. Cloud at Diocese Park; servicing 75 families.
- James Kelly Community Garden located at the CentraCare Health Plaza; servicing 46 families
- We also helped to establish the Promise Neighborhood Community Garden located at Promise Neighborhood of St. Cloud.
Get your hands dirty and to meet other gardeners during our summer season work nights:
- Maine Prairie, every Thursday from 7 through 9pm
- James Kelly, every Tuesday from 4 through 7pm
- Promise Neighborhood, every Wednesday from 2 through 5pm.
You don’t need a plot to be involved. And you never know, you might even leave with a small harvest.